For our honeymoon, we decided to travel to the bush and spend some time away from technology and the hustles and bustles of the city. We arrived at Kitcwa and we were welcomed by Akatch our driver who also was our tour guide. Akatch was well versed about the Mara and also was very eloquent. The restaurant and bar staff was very friendly and the food was excellent. They have a variety of foods too. I enjoyed the game drives in the morning and taking breakfast in the bush was awesome. The game walks which were accompanied by a game ranger were also adventures. I got to take photos of the wildlife up close. The hippos were so fascinating and scary at the same time. I was happy to leave the Mara having luckily seen the so called big five, the Leopard, The Elephant, the Lion, The Buffalo and the Black Rhino. Thank you &Beyond-Kichwa Tembo , for making my trip memorable. Looking forward to come again soon.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. • 40 ensuite safari tents (28 classic and 12 luxury)• Lodge swimming pool• Safari Shop• Wifi in guest area, reception and Safari Shop• Great Migration, kongoni, topi, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion and cheetah ... more less