My friend and I stayed 4 days at Kichwa Tembo and it was everything we were hoping for and more!! The staff are the real delight at this camp - they are all so pleasant, friendly and so good at what they do. We booked the luxury tents and chose these due to the fact that they have their own power outlets. A charging station with a good number of outlets is available in the main bar area but it would be worthwhile to keep in mind that if you are into photography or travelling during peak times it might be a bit hard to recharge your camera(s) so it might be worthwhile paying the extra to have your own outlets. After a morning & afternoon safari I pretty much put my camera on charge every night when going to bed and it takes a few good hours to fully charge. So if you are into your photography keep this in mind - either bring a spare battery or spend the extra for the luxury tents. The food was exceptional - the menu for breakfast , lunch and dinner was varied and always of top quality. Internet in the bar area is relative good - especially considering you are in the Maasai Mara. Our driver was such a delight - he really went out of his way to ensure we had the best game sightings. One morning drive we stayed out until 1pm because the game sightings that morning were amazing. The shower is great - lovely big shower head. Each night your room attendant will do the turndown service and place a hot water bottle in your bed - a lovely touch. If possible ask for a tent in the lower numbers - I was in tent 39 and it was quite a hike from the tent up to the bar/restaurant each time. We also took the optional hot air balloon ride (Skyship Co.) - I cannot recommend this highly enough!!! Yes, its expensive but for what you get out of it, it worth every single cent!! Both of us agreed it was the highlight of our trip. We also did the Maasai village visit - this was also very interesting. Just beware that at the end of it you will be taken out to their Maasai Market to purchase items & don't expect a bargain.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. • 40 ensuite safari tents (28 classic and 12 luxury)• Lodge swimming pool• Safari Shop• Wifi in guest area, reception and Safari Shop• Great Migration, kongoni, topi, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion and cheetah ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.