Came across this place by accident, we hadn't booked accomodation for the Masai Mara and we just turned up at this place. Everything was excellent, the food, location, service and the tents. They serve three buffet meals everyday which are included in the price and plentiful. The tents are clean, comfortable and have good views. Animals such as Warthog, Monky and Impala wander around the compound and appear quite safe. The staff are polite, friendly and helpful. My only minor complaint is that for me it's a bit pricey.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. • 40 ensuite safari tents (28 classic and 12 luxury)• Lodge swimming pool• Safari Shop• Wifi in guest area, reception and Safari Shop• Great Migration, kongoni, topi, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion and cheetah ... more less