The tents have hardwood floors, stone bath areas, hot water and electricity 24 hours a day. There is lots of visual privacy but not audio privacy Coffee is delivered to your tent at 5:30 AM before leaving on a 6:00AM safari ride in an open Land Rover with stadium seating. Monkeys and Wart Hog families roam the grounds. A pool overlooks the Masia Mara plains and often the hot air baloon available for early morning rides ($450 for the ride and champagne breakfast in the bush). The guides are excellent, especially Sophya-a rare female guide. There is a bar and large dining area. Most meals are served as buffets and of good quality except for beef dishes which I found to be tough. Wines are reasonably priced. Ask for a tent near the dining area unless you like to walk a great distance and down hill to the farthest tents. The one thing I found lacking was a fan for hot afternoons. However, the cool evenings of October were ok with the hot water bottles provided at bed turndown time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve