We booked our stay at Little Governors' through Julius at JT Safaris who recommended we stay there and oh boy were we not disapointed. This place can only be described as pure paradice. We saw so many beautiful animals and ate so much wonderful food its hard to know where to start. The tents are gorgeous, better than many five star hotels I have visited. You get to eat your food al fresco with all the wonders of the natural world walking around you. We were lucky enough to have a bull elephant right outside our tent (obviously it was not dangerous as the night guards had the whole thing well and truly covered). I felt 110% safe all of the time. The guides were fantastic and so were the Camp's staff. We went on a balloon ride, again organised by Julius, which was mind blowing.
I would actually pick this place as my dream wedding location, if only it was a bit closer!!!! If you are reading this and going, consider yourself extremly lucky. I would return here at the drop of a hat.
- Also Known As:
- Little Governors` Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Little Governors` Camp Hotel
- Little Governors' Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a forest in the heart of the Masai Mara, Little Governors' is intimate in character. The luxury en-suite tents are tucked around a large water-hole clearing that teems with life. Beyond, lie the grasslands of the Masai Mara and the deep blue Olololo Ridge Escarpment. Arriving in Camp is an adventure, leaving your vehicle behind you cross the Mara River by boat and are escorted on foot through the forest to the camp. ... more less