There are many camps in the Masai Mara catering to a variety of price points. Having visited quite a number through the past six years, Mara Explorer sets itself a part due to its small size and the personal attention you receive. The location itself is nonpareil, sitting above the Talek River with hippos, crocs, water bucks, giraffes and the like habiting the river bottom below. At night, with the river lit up, the procession of hippos into the bush is quite impressive. The tents are semi-permanent structures with an integral bathroom and an outdoor bathtub for those so inclined. The manager, Andrew, was quite engaging and ensured that you had everything you needed. The chef, Shadrack, had an undeniable passion for cooking that was evident in every conversation and the food more than matched the resulting expectation. When we departed, we felt we were leaving our new-found family and that is what a small size is all about. We couldn't recommend Mara Explorer more highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve