We finished a 10-day Kenya/ Tanzania safari trip with a 2-night stay at Mara Explorer. From the time we walked into the welcoming arms of the wonderful staff, to the final morning when they pleasantly surprised us with a breakfast in the bush!, everything was just right. John Parmasau- our guide/ driver for the 4 drives we did was simply amazing. He knew the park well and knowing that we had spent time in other camps, asked us specifically what we were looking for- and even made sure we had a rare Rhino sighting (that my daughter badly wanted). James was wonderful, gracious and helpful with his wake up calls in the morning and coffee at our tent. The tents are right on the Talek River and simply sitting out, watching hippos, or the bushbucks, or even the one leopard sighting as we stepped out for dinner...
The cook and serving staff were excellent and we felt pampered.
Last, 2 minutes from the air strip! We left at 950 from our rooms for our 10 o'clock flight to Nairobi.
Would recommend it highly to anyone looking for luxury in the bush, and an awesome guide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve