Mara Explorer is located in the heart of the Mara = Close to one of the Airport Ol Kiambo ( sorry for the spelling if incorrect ) . Was there at the time of the migration and we saw absolutely everything . Black rhino to the leopard called Olive !! It was an amazing day !! One of the highlights was of course seeing-Malika the Cheetah who jumps on cars .. Wow !! The driver we had was also excellent - very knowledgeable and seemed to know exactly where there animals were !
The camp itself is clean- spacious and very comfortable -friendly staff , cater to all your needs . Dinner is Al a carte and food is great. I would recommend the tent near the hippo pool as there is nothing that tells you more that you are in Africa than waking up with the hippos snorting in the water !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve