After visiting Amboseli Nationalpark we went for our next stay at the Mara Explorer Camp.
Wonderful camp directly located at Talek River. You can watch hippos and crocodiles very close. Excellent food and very friendly staff. We felt very much at home.
The game drives were a highlight - a very special thank to Dennis Waweru our driver. He has a great knowledge about animals and nature, speaks excellent English, was very friendly and sympathetic and always responsive to our needs. For us, simply the best - thank you so much.
Another big thank to Steve Nzuki, the Manager at Mara Explorer Camp. He cares about all the guests and made our stay perfect with no complaints.
We can highly recommend the camp and wish to come back once. A big hug to everybody and take care!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve