Many have already well described this camp so this is just an additional grade to confirm that this place is close to perfection and most definitely in our top 3 for wildlife holidays.
After a short but rather bumpy flight from Nairobi we have been welcomed by Steve the Manager and Dickson our guide. We have then been brought to tent #4 and what a lovely sight to be so close to a hippo pool. We have had the impression of being part of the family of these big fellows for 7 days! Anyway, the tent was perfect and there is nothing to complain about it.
Surprisingly, we have not paid attention to election dates, but we were in just after the election and for something like 5 nights both Explorer and Intrepids were empty so we were like queen and king. At least this is what we felt as we have been so well taken care of by everyone in the camp: from Steve the excellent manager, Noor our waiter, James our butler, the chef (we ate so well!) and especially Dickson our great guide with whom we enjoyed 7 days of great adventure!
The camp is ideally placed in the northern part of the Masai Mara where there is a high concentration of predators and mostly lions so the photographic experience was tremendous (I am especially demanding on that side).
My wife has enjoyed baths with vision on a hippo pool which is not something one can do frequently and she also pretty much enjoyed the massages.
When leaving we felt like we were friends with everyone and my wife even got the recipe of the chef's chocolate eclair! We wish we can come-back soon and kiss everybody from here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve