This was our second trip to Maasai Mara and it couldn't get any better than this. The camp is at the best location possible and has very friendly staff - from the guide, waiters, guards to the manager. The Bush dinner was an unforgettable and one of the most romantic dinners ever! We stayed at Tent 4 which was right in front of the hippo's. The tents are beautiful and very well maintained. When it gets dark, its quite scary to walk around after dinneras you can hardly see anything at all, though the guards try their best in making you feel safe. However, its not recommended for the weak hearted, you can hear wild animals grazing right outside your tent or lions roaring so close by! Nevertheless, If you like to be the closest to wilderness, no place can beat this
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve