We stayed here for 3 nights with friends for the second time. Steve, the manager was delightful and couldn't do enough for the 4 of us. The staff were so obliging, helpful, kind and funny. The food was to die for, the tents were absolutely luxurious. The setting on the Talek river was glorious. Best of all was John, the tracker/guide and his knowledge and eyesight was unparalleled. He found just everything we wanted to see. We knew him from 4 years ago and if anything, he is exactly the same, funny, knowledgeable and a joy to be with. Nothing was too much trouble. We unreservedly recommend this camp as the best in the Mara. We hope to go back in 2013 and we know that it will be exactly the same glorious, intimate place we've grown to love. Really sad to leave when our 3 days were up.
I don't know what else to say but anybody who goes there, will absolutely love it and will never want to leave. A complete and utter joy. Everything was wonderful.
As I said above, the food was of the highest order and the variety was excellent. Steve and Chef organised a wonderful bush dinner on our last night with lanterns, candles and incredible food. Drink flowed and all the staff anticipated our choices without having to be asked. That is a sign of a very good staff attitude. They were always happy, smiling and willing to help without being over familiar. Welcoming doesn't really cover their attitude. Everything seemed to be a pleasure for them. They should definitely be Number 1 in the Mara. I can't praise them enough. Don't even think about Explorer - just go. You won't regret it, I promise you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve