Last stop on our 3 week S. African, Tanzania and Kenya trip. Great way to end. Very relaxing on the Talek river.Loved hearing the hippos,lions,elephants,etc at night. Staff with Steve as manager was great.Coffee wake up in the am was terrific, Quick escorts to dinner (or early breakfast) from the tents to the reception/lunch/lobby area. All tents very secluded. Wish we had the time to enjoy the outside tubs on the deck but the animal viewing from the land rovers were too good to pass up. Great location, close to the airstrip. Really hope to be able to return with more family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve