I would have to say this was a truly memorable stay, I have been on safari on four separate occasion and this had to be the best. Ver small lodge with 10 permanent tents all looking out on to the river. Excellent food and wine, being shaken about in a vehicle for 4-5 hurs a day w's a dsaver for the waste line. The staff to a man (all male staff) were delightful, entertaining and helpful, led by their enthusiastic manager Steve. The game in the Masai Mara was very plentiful, leopard, lion, hippopotami, gazelles waterbuck wildebeest. The bird life was also spectacular, vultures, storks, hornbills eagles and many smaller birds. A couple of highlights was a lion bring back prey for her cubs and a short burst of the wildebeest migration. Fantastic. One small gripe no WiFi.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.