Mara Explorer camp offers an adventurous, exciting experience that we will always remember. Situated in the heart of wilderness, yet offering the luxury of modern lifestyle, we found the camp as a dream come true. Our spacious and comfortable tent was overlooking the river and we had a wonderful view of a family of hippos and a crocodile, which sometimes came out to sunbathe on the beach in front of the tent. Our skillful guide Charles knew all the secret spots in the national reserve and showed us lions, cheetahs, elephants, buffalos, all the animals that we get to see on TV only. We could feel the adrenaline rush at the sight of them within a few meters distance.
The service was excellent, the food delicious, the staff kind and helpful, thanks to Steven‘s management skills everything is functioning perfectly.
We would love to come back again, and highly recommend the Mara explorer to anyone who wishes a lifetime adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve