15th August 2012
It is a beautiful place and there are little frogs in the grass as you're escorted back to your room that make an adorable bell-like noise. Ealing rome the ground and hippos and crocodiles inhabit the river that runs next to the prepossessing lodge. The tame Ealing was happy with human contact and said hello, me and my auntie stroked it. Food was exquisite with homemade ice cream (strawberry >> Mmmmm). When we woke up the following morning we had organised a wake up call at 6am for safari. We were woken with tees and coffees. There was a walking safari booked by the lodge and we could walk alongside the river with a guide leading us. I'm very proud that I my nanny found a porcupines quill for me to keep and that now sits on my bedside table reminding me of my once in a lifetime trip to the Royal Mara Safari Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve