Our stay at Mara was just perfect, from touchdown on the local airstrip 10 minutes from the lodge till we took off again a week later we were looked after. The staff are excellent and arranging all the small the details, they carry you along without ever feeling intrusive and without exception they are pleased to see you and genuinely welcoming.
we soon got to know the names of them all and it felt like leaving a new group of friends when we left.
The Safaris were great, the guide was a wealth of knowledge and skill (particularly with a 4 wheel drive). The drive can be bumpy but then you are literally driving through the bush, that is how you get within a few meters of wildlife.
Treat yourself to a real experience, this place is definitely great value for money - and don't forget to tip at the end, this is the way it done on Safari so seek guidance.
We will be going back if we get the oppertunity
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve