Overall, this place is great if you are looking for small (only 8 cabin tents) and peaceful. Not much to the grounds outside of your tent and the main building for meals, but its all well appointed and perfectly situated along the Mara river. Be warned, if you get nervous when things go bump in the night, this place gets loud at night from the wildlife in and around camp. The Hippos never stop!
The staff are all very friendly and the food is really good. The Mara north conservancy is also great a sits very open and not crowded. I highly recommend staying if you want to enjoy a peaceful safari without much to distract you.
I went during a weekend while in Nairobi for business and will say its not great for solo travelers...much better for couples and decent for families too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve