You know a hotel is good if half the guests staying there have been before. This is the situation I found myself in while sipping wine around a bonfire at the Royal Mara. We had a perfect stay, and were surprised to find we enjoyed ourselves even more than the last time. As usual the service was great, the game drives were awe inspiring. This time we were excited to find they had made a few upgrades! This time they had wifi in the rooms (how they get wifi in the middle of nowhere still baffles me) and the food was even better than our last visit. The rooms were as beautiful as I remembered, and I always find myself wishing I was back in that insanely comfortable bed listening to the animal sounds to wake up in the morning.
Im a big stickler for great service, and thats the main reason I like this place. Everyone who works there is personable and amazing, always taking note of what they can do to make you happy. I was excited to see many of the same people were there from our last visit and they actually remembered me! Also, In the past year Ive also developed a huge appreciation for birds and birding. The drivers were amazing in accommodating me with this. On an average day I would see at least 40 species! The drivers had a knack for always finding whatever someone in the car would fancy, and I really appreciated this. My only complaint is that after seeing so many birds Im now spoiled, and can never appreciate birding anywhere else as much!
Again a huge thank you to the drivers, Regan for the game walks, and everyone else who made our stay at the Mara so memorable. We will see you again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve