“You can't top this experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leleshwa Camp

Save Saved
You added Leleshwa Camp to your Saves list
Leleshwa Camp
C12 Keekorok - NE Masai Mara Reserve, Maasai Mara National Reserve 00200, Kenya   |
Special Offer
3 NIGHTS FOR 2
Denver, Colorado
“You can't top this experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been fortunate to now have gone on 4 safaris in different parts of Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Botswana and South Africa). Nothing tops Leleshwa. The accommodations are top-notch and the service is outstanding. Because they have their own reservation, you are truly enjoying all the wilderness has to offer, but in a very safe manner. I have very high expectations and I cannot recommend this place enough. If you only have the opportunity to go on one safari in your lifetime, go to Leleshwa. If you go on other safaris, they will all seem like a disappointment compared to Leleshwa. It's beautiful, it's comfortable, it's clean, it's safe. It's simply superb.

Room Tip: I stayed in the honeymoon suite....which was pretty sweet! :) Also - please note that I traveled in...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
Maseru, Lesotho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Leleshwa is a wonderful, peaceful camp with an excellent staff. David and Kayok were the best ever! The food is superb and the tents very comfortable. Since I was the only one in camp, I was very fortunate to have a special night drive and saw lions and hyenas fighting over a wildebeast kill! It was unforgetable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Saltcoats, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

best camp in the massai mara.Ofering a very unique atmosfer.Leleshwa is on a conservancy which allows more freedom.The staff want you to do what you want to do and will explain the options and then make whatever your choice very special from bush lunches to sundowners to visiting the local school and village. There are only 7 tents so the experience is very personal. You can dine with everyone in a very well-appointed tent

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have read the other reviews, and they are so right: Leleshwa is a spectacular place to stay. David Kasura was our Guide, Rinka our tracker, and Simon is the Manager. They all worked overtime to make sure our stay was unparalleled. First, the tent for me and my daughter was beautiful. I had a king-sized bed the first night, and she had a twin. She kidded me about my "big bed", so when we got back from our first day out, we found they'd put in another king bed for her. We were stunned. The 5 days there were filled with great company (Simon and David), wonderful food, and pure luxury. We were at the end of our safari, so David and Rinka worked hard to make sure we saw different animals and had new experiences. They did a wonderful job. Everything was beautiful, and the one day of rest that we took was more to enjoy being in the camp than to just rest. The only time we saw other tourists was when we took the balloon ride, and we loved that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Leleshwa Camp was a very unique and special experience. We stayed in four camps and a hotel and all were great but Leleshwa offered something very unique. We stayed for 5 nights at the end of our trip which was perfect because here we were able to walk and really spend a lot of time with the guides. Leleshwa is on a conservancy which allows more freedom to do walks and nightdrives and sundowners. Once we were there we did not do any drives except to get to and from our sundowners and walks. We were ready to listen to the quiet and learn about the land and smaller wildlife and just see what animals we would find on foot. While walking we happened upon giraffes, zebras, monkeys, baboons, antelopes of many kinds and wonderful birds.

The staff want you to do what you want to do and will explain the options and then make whatever your choice very special from bush lunches to sundowners to visiting the local school and village. There are only 7 tents so the experience is very personal. You can dine with everyone in a very well-appointed tent or have a dinner with white tablecloth and candles in the bush (a highlight for sure).

Our guide David Leshan was fabulous as was our Maasai escort, William. At dinner we talked about Kenyan, animals, life in villages and we learned a lot and became friends.

The food was fresh and plentiful and the chef allowed us to join him in the kitchen tent for some lessons which was fun.

Truly a very special experience.

Room Tip: The tents are very well appointed and bed is very comfortable. They wake you up with french press c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I cannot fault anything in my time here it was just brilliant! I did the wildlife photography course over a weekend, had the whole camp to myself and had a fabulous time. I felt safe and secure all the time, the food was just delicious, the staff courteous, attentive and friendly.
Rinko was my spotter and he was great! I saw all the big five on day one, had wild open air breakfasts and lunches.... Sun downers were a treat! The chef was superb!
I enjoyed the course (shame my battery died and I didn't have a charger doh!)
I'll definitely be back! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I only stayed for one night en-route to my last property on my trip. I wasn't well at all due to a long day's travelling across land from the previous camp (a little sunstroke I think). The manager could not have looked after me any more; he made sure that I was comfortable, a guard was outside my tent all night in case i needed anything.

The next morning, we saw the photo suite - fantastic for keen photographers; great curio shop; lovely food; comfortable beds in the ten - I had a twin tent - it had a great shower. Fabulous breakfast which saw me through to the next camp.

I left my malaria medication behind and didn't realise until I go to the next camp. The driver went back and then returned it to me at the next camp. Couldn't ask for better service.

Room Tip: All rooms are as good as each other.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Leleshwa Camp? Share your experiences!