just spent 3 nights in this fantastic camp . Due to the fact that It was low season, my husband and myself had the whole camp to ourselves and we had an amazing time. The guides we were allocated ...Enos and John ,couldn't have done more to ensure we saw the Big 5...even the Leopard which the guys went above and beyond the call of duty to find !! the tents were excellent and going to sleep with the sounds of the hippos in the nearby Mara river was amazing ..as was being woken up in the morning with tea and coffee brought to our tent by Joshua. Who also put hot water bottles in bed at night and looked after us superbly . The food was beautiful and plentiful ( to the point were we had to ask for smaller portions ! ) A big thanks must also go to everyone else in camp who made our stay so special....the waiters ..the chefs ..and the guards who ensured our safety at night. (the camp is unfenced and the wildlife is free to roam in and out as they should be in my opinion ) Last but not least a big thanks to relief manager Bella who made us so welcome as soon as we arrived to the minute we left...and to Joel who always had a big smile for us . I would recommend without any hesitation this camp . ..OH and do the hot air balloon ride it was superb .
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. ... more less