My mother and I spent 4 wonderful nights at Il Moran in January. It was "heaven on earth". From the moment we arrived to the time we had to leave our every need was catered for with charm and a huge smile. Our guide Simon was very knowledgeable, friendly and we really loved all our game drives even through a huge thunderstorm and extremely slippery, muddy tracks! We saw everything!-- lots of elephant, lots of lion, cheetah with 3 cubs, hyena, Bat-eared foxes,a black rhino (WOW) and the most beautiful leopard very close to camp just as it was getting dark. What a priviledge and something we will never forget.
The "tents" are extremely comfortable with everything you could need-huge bath and shower, plenty of storage space, a hammock and table and chairs out in front so that we could sit and listen to the hippos down in the nearby Mara River. The position of the camp is incredible-the peace and quiet, the bird life and the resident hippos make it a truly magical bush experience.
The food in camp was fantastic- so much of it that we had to ask them not to cook so many courses for us! Everything was beautifully presented, tasty and fresh and what could be better than sitting outside by the river or the campfire to eat our meals.
A huge thank you to Patrick and all his wonderful staff and especially Simon for looking after us so well and making our safari so very special. Can't wait to go back! And the balloon flight on our last morning was amazing-sun rising on one side and a full moon on the other with an incredible "bush breakfast" when we landed. A very special place.
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. ... more less