My kids and I had a wonderful trip. Tents are the largest I have experienced in the Mara. Great location close to the landing strip, overlooking the river where hippos lay in large numbers and yes, they come visit the camp late at night and you can hear them as you fall asleep. the General Manager, Patrick was very hospitable and Jackson, our tent butler was great. Our driver and guide, Maina was truly exceptional and extremely knowledgable. Would recommend highly if you are visiting the Mara.
- Also Known As:
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel
- Governors` Il Moran Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governors' Il Moran Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' IL Moran Camp is small and intimate. Located right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this small luxurious camp is hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest on the banks of the Mara River. 10 spacious tents line the winding river banks of the Mara River. With the best game viewing right on your doorstep game drives and game walks are included in the rate. ... more less