We went to David Livingstone Lodge for 3 nights after a stay at Dianni beach -our 25th wedding anniversary and my husband,s 50th!!After a short flight of 1 hour 40 we landed on the new airstrip amazing just some earth approx 10 mins in the truck to the lodge.We arrived just before midday and were greeted with a super welcome.It was very cold after arriving from the coast.fortunately we brought fleeces with us so were fine..The food was super and great because only 6 people in the lodge as out of season -brilliant!!Did 3 Early morning Safaris and saw loads of animals.Rhinos you need to book separately.Charles ,Joanne and Maliik our driver were fantastic so helpfull.
Cant wait to go back 2013 at the same time
- Also Known As:
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- David Livingstone Safari Resort Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The David Livingstone Safari Resort in located in the North Mara Conservancy on a wide bend on the Mara River with several large hippo pools right outside the dining room. Set in the worlds largest natural theatre of Wildlife, David Livingstone is a home for discerning travellers. All rooms face the Mara River. The lodge is an ideal base for a variety of activities like Game Drives, Balloon Safaris, Night Game Drives, Nature Walks and is home to a large tree planting drive in the Masai Mara. ... more less