me and my sister stayed there October 2011.
As we arrived a baboon walked across the entrance to the hotel....what a welcome!!
Lovely helpfull and friendly staff, who welcomed us with a drink and a view of around 50 hippos having a rest in the amazing mara river.
The place was quiet and calm, there was the odd noise out of the hippos but that was part of the magic there.
The food was nice, we had a bush baby join us in the resturant one night. Lovely to get up close to this creature, he didnt bother any one at all.
At night they light a log fire, in an open wooden building. we sat there on the cosy sofas drinking tea and reading our books. was really special.
Rooms are really clean, with nice basic bathrooms, with towls, flannels, shampoo and body wash. Wasnt expected but nice to have.
Perfect place to stay if you want to be right in the middle of it, i would stay there again, and hope to one day. Perfect safari location!!
- Also Known As:
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- David Livingstone Safari Resort Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The David Livingstone Safari Resort in located in the North Mara Conservancy on a wide bend on the Mara River with several large hippo pools right outside the dining room. Set in the worlds largest natural theatre of Wildlife, David Livingstone is a home for discerning travellers. All rooms face the Mara River. The lodge is an ideal base for a variety of activities like Game Drives, Balloon Safaris, Night Game Drives, Nature Walks and is home to a large tree planting drive in the Masai Mara. ... more less