We've spent 4 nights/5 days here and feel like they were some of the best of our lives! Emma and Darren run this place flawlessly, clearly investing a lot of personal energy and care into the choice of staff, the routine and the overall set up. The camp is beautiful and cannot possibly be compared to glamping. The tents are well equipped and laid out. The bathroom is great and the bucket shower works really well, the tent staff care so much about the details you won't wait long for anything you need. The food is fantastic and we put on several kg! How they cater such stunning food inc gluten free is beyond me (and lovely wine). I will never forget bush breakfasts with giraffes, hippos and lion cubs. As for the safari, I'm not sure where to start. The brilliant thing about being in Mara conservancy rather than the reserve is that the number of camps and vehicles are severely limited. Yes you will have to pay more but its worth every penny. Most of the time it was just us and occasionally one other truck, maximum is 4 and they all self police so they keep respectful distances. You will never see harassed animals being chased or crowded, which cannot be said in the reserve. That mattered a lot to us and we now would never go to a crowded are. We spent our time with Patrick as our guide, who deserves to win every award going. His knowledge and patience, spotting skills and lovely nature made for the perfect drive. We saw every conceivable combination of animal and situation inc the big 5 along with a Cheetah kill with her cubs, multiple lion kills with cubs, baby elephants playing in their mud hole, a leopard and her cub in open and up a tree, giraffe of every generation inc males fighting, hyena chasing lions off a kill (seen to be believed!) and a crossing which we weren't expecting! I could go on, we also met lots of repeat guests including one who said in 17years this was the best week of game drives. We have come away dreamy eyed about how we plan a trip back and incredibly privileged to have seen so much. Be sure to book and the when you are there Get up early we left camp most days by 6am and don't expect to sleep as the lions and buffaloes surround your tent at night! - but none of that matters. This experience is all part of the magic and you can sleep when you are dead! This really is the trip of a lifetime and we cannot recommend it highly enough. Darren and Emma deserve to be No 1 as it simply doesn't get any better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate luxury camp of only 6 tents located in the exclusive Olare Orok Conservancy of the Masai Mara. The camps top quality guides and hosts will ensure you a superb safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Kicheche Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kicheche Bush Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kicheche Bush Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve