This was my second time at a Kicheche camp in Maasai Mara, and the experience was for sure of life changing calibre. We stayed at Bush Camp for 1 week, and I am still flying high after the most amazing wildlife experience of my lifetime.
The conservancy is a heaven for Big Cat viewing, and we were so fortunate to spend time with cheetahs, leopards, lions and serval cats. (Notice the plural S´s ;) We had cheetah cubs, leopard cubs and lion cubs almost every day, and spent hours with them from early morning to late afternoon.
The camp, service, guides, tents, food, vehicles ++++ everything is just spot on!
So if you have not visited Kicheche Bush Camp before - here is why its an easy choice:
- The Olare conservancy secures few vehicles around. Its a luxury!
- Kicheche has the best vehicles in the Mara. Believe it!
- Guides are unlike anything else you will come across! They are hands down the best in the business, and their eyes will spot everything! (Except when I spotted the leopards first ;)
- Food is amazing!
- Darren & Emma are the best hosts I have come across! They will go to what ever length to make your stay unforgettable.
- Tents are just what a safari is about with all necessities.
- No fence around camp = a truly unique experience during nighttime :)
I could go on - but as you might have understood, Kicheche is my preferred camp in the Mara. And I already look forward to going back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate luxury camp of only 6 tents located in the exclusive Olare Orok Conservancy of the Masai Mara. The camps top quality guides and hosts will ensure you a superb safari experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kicheche Bush Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kicheche Bush Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve