Judging our experience at Cottar’s as simply another "safari" would be trivializing its lasting impression. Having traveled much of the country, stayed at numerous resorts/lodges, and hosted many visitors, my wife and I are confident in saying it was hands down the best excursion/vacation we've had in Kenya. Not exactly sure how the balance was achieved, yet somehow Cottar’s managed to provide a truly magical experience without compromising authenticity and integrity. Since there are plenty of reviews with specific opinions on the quantitative and qualitative aspects of each experience, I won’t bother going into that level of detail. However, I will call out a vital component to the experience’s success…our host and guide, Gigi. Overall, everything was outstanding, everyone was overly considerate and attentive, and all the pieces fell together smoothly. Not much more I can say other than I look forward to our next opportunity to stay with Cottar’s!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cottar Safari tradition began in 1919. Nearly 90 years on, we continue to provide an unparalleled safari experience to discerning clients in Africa. Extending an era of luxury and quality, we return to the original spirit and essence of "safari", reminiscent of a golden era; an era of romance, professional guiding, adventure and elegance. Situated in the Masai Mara, in an untouched exclusive concession bordering the Serengeti and Loliondo reserves, the area guarantees privacy and an abundance of wildlife. The camp accommodates up to 22 guests in authentic white canvas tents, which are spacious and luxuriously furnished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Cottar's 1920's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottar`s Camp 1920`s Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Cottar's 1920's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve