This was as re visit, having previously stayed at Cottar's Camp 30 years ago, when I lived in Nairobi. And wow, it really exceeded expectations. I knew it would be good from previous experience but I have to say that now, it is absolutely lovely. Every little detail had been taken care of by the excellent staff, from the spacious tent with its breathtaking view of the Mara to the tasty, well presented meals, infinity swimming pool , hot water bottles in the bed at night and a very nice touch, a decanter full of sherry and two glasses to greet us in our tent. Plus of course, great safaris and sightings of all the animals you could wish to see, plus brilliantly coloured birds. It was real 'Out of Africa' stuff, that evoked memories of times gone by. Well done to Cottars for a most amazing and memorable experience! I shall return again!
- Also Known As:
- Cottar`s Camp 1920`s Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Cottar`s Camp 1920`s Hotel
- Cottar's 1920's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cottar Safari tradition began in 1919. Nearly 90 years on, we continue to provide an unparalleled safari experience to discerning clients in Africa. Extending an era of luxury and quality, we return to the original spirit and essence of "safari", reminiscent of a golden era; an era of romance, professional guiding, adventure and elegance. Situated in the Masai Mara, in an untouched exclusive concession bordering the Serengeti and Loliondo reserves, the area guarantees privacy and an abundance of wildlife. The camp accommodates up to 22 guests in authentic white canvas tents, which are spacious and luxuriously furnished. ... more less