Kilima Camps seems a bit at odds with itself. when did you last stay in a canvas tent with a glass wall? This very smart camp offers a variety of tent lodgings and the ones we saw (a regular and a luxury) were both quite wonderful although they are so well equipped (many electrical outlets, bedside lamps, dual sink bathrooms) that one thinks more of a luxury hotel suite than a "tent". The service is outstanding and Paul, the manager, is very attentive to guest needs ('tho the place was not crowded when we were there and perhaps it was not so difficult for him to see to our needs in a low season).
The views from the escarpment on which Kilima Camp sits are astounding and the service could not be better. We found the domed plate covers at dinner a bit much (a piece of chicken doesn't ordinarily merit that treatment in our view) but all in all the food was good and well-presented.
This is a first-class national camp lodging and deserves the high ratings it already has.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve