Upon arrival with my girlfriend at the local private airstrip within the Mara, we were very warmly welcomed by Martin who turned out to be our gamedriver for the rest of our stay at Kilima Camp. The short drive up the hill, being welcomed by the elephants, giraffes and other animals on the way served as introduction for this Disney like experience. The Kilima team welcomed us with a nice drink (I thought they drugged us up when seeing the incredible view !!). We were escorted by a safety guard to tent number 1, called Simba to complete the story. The tent is incredibly beautiful and has an amazing view over the Mara Triangle (believe me, the view is more incredible than the pictures on the website). Anyone would love the experience of hearing lions and elephants throughout the night, its part of the experience at Kilima. Martin, our game driver is probably the most respected guide around in the park so if you can please ask for him. He has a lot of knowledge, will wake up at 5.30am for a drive if you want him to. He has great humour and last but not least, the man can probably spot a fly in a mosquitoes mouth from a mile away. He made the game drives so worthwhile! The rest of the team at the camp are amazing as well, from Vestus the safety guard (always there to explain things about animals and vegetation / even if that involves teasing my girlfriend with chameleons (well done Vestus, she deserved it)), the Masai guards (special thanks to Joshua for the amazing nature walk) to the amazing chef (with special meal preparations for my girlfriend). Oh yeah, food is very good as well, great chef.
In the end, leaving Kilima Camp was like the ending of the Lion King, sad but happy to see that it goes on.
All in all, the team, location and the game drives made this experience absolutely unforgettable, probably the best place you could choose for an amazing and more intimate visit to the Mara. We absolutely loved it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve