Landed on a airstrip made of red soil , late morning and had a range rover from Kilima waiting to receive us. The great thing about masai mara is that you get down from the aircraft and look around and you see exotic animals like the zebra, antelopes and the giraffe all around. Almost surreal!! Kilima camp is vey well located and you can see a large stretch of the masai mara from your room and the lounge. Amazing staff - professional yet friendly, watchful yet non intrusive . The tents were really nice too. We stayed in the classic tent , which pretty much had all the amenities one would look for but what a setting and what ambience !! But the best part were the game drives - really good driver cum guide - very knowledgable and made sure that we saw animals in amazing setting - a lion on a tree, 3 cheetahs together, lioness with cubs and I can go on.I am thinking of going back to watch the migration next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve