This was our first visit to this camp, although we have been to the other Porini camps previously. I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived as the scenery and surroundings were so different from our previous experience in the Maasai Mara with it's vast rolling plains - here there was greenery everywhere, and it wasn't after the rainy season. The camp nestles in a hollow and is surrounded by trees, close-by is a water hole, there is a hippo, monkeys, all sorts of birds, we had a visit from an impala, and various other animals during the night by the sounds we heard. This was very definately 'Real Africa'. We chose to remain in the conservancy during our 5 night stay as we were moving to Porini Lion camp after the Mara camp so would get plenty of opportunity to visit the National Reserve then. This camp - like all Porini camps - is very eco friendly. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. The accomodation and food was very good - as it is in all the camps. There was a wealth of wildlife to see, and our guide, Jimmy,a very good job taking us around. We did early morning drives, night drives, a nature walk and saw a huge variety of creatures - a trap door spider to elephants with all sizes in between. We would certainly return and have no hesitation in recomending this camp to perspective guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porini Mara Camp is located in the exclusive 17,500 acre wildlife conservancy of Ol Kinyei, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system. The camp has 6 spacious guest tents with an en-suite bathroom sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees. The camp accommodates a maximum of 12 guests, where guests enjoy game drives in 4x4s, sundowners at scenic viewing points and escorted walks with Maasai guides. Ol Kinyei is noted for its excellent wildlife viewing with a resident pride of lions, cheetahs, leopards and a wide variety of animals. There is a strict limit on the number of tourist vehicles allowed in the conservancy so that visitors from the camp can view the wildlife without other vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Porini Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Porini Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Porini Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve