“wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siana Springs

You added Siana Springs to your Saves list
Siana Springs
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   C14, Keekorok, Kenya (Talek River, Masai Mara Reserve), Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya   |
bewdley worcs
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I have visited the mara three times before and enjoy staying in camps I throughly loved my time in Siana Springs. The staff were attentive and friendly the tents large and clean the food very good . and the added attraction for me was the wildlife, Bush Bucks,Tree Hyrax, Colobus and Vervet Monkeys& Bush Babies . It is however around 25mins form the actual mara reserve which i already knew but it really did,nt make a difference. My guide Jackson was great and we went on a couple of bush meals in the Mara which was exciting and different . I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

During a 2 week safari in March, 2009, I stayed at this tented camp. Although it is a little older than the other camps I stayed at, the facilities were great, the beds were the most comfortable of the entire trip, food was good and the service was excellent. They also have a nice gift shop available. You will see wildlife walking about the grounds and the flowers are beautiful.

Bathgate, west lothian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed at Siana Springs in May 2009 and what a spectacular place it is...
The tented accomodation was absolutely fantastic, the place is so tranquil, with bushbuck wandering around the property and the variety of monkeys in the trees!
All the staff were so friendly and helpful, the food was first class, with a menu to die for..
A gold star for the chefs...
We went on safari from early morning to early evening, what an out of this world
experience we had. Our driver Patrick was excellent, an absolute mind of information.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

Siana Springs is just absolutely wonderful!

The game drives started early in the morning and finished late at night. We felt that after a while everyone would get bored, but in fact the game drives were so unpredictable that most of us became hooked! Our driver, Gerald, was very sociable and good company to my colleagues and myself. The food was really good... lots of variety. The Masai dance given by the local residents was fascinating. Learning about the ways of Masai people and the history of Kenya was really interesting.

The one person that made this experience unforgettable was Ola-JJ; the host Masai. I thoroughly enjoyed his company as did my colleagues.. We really miss him =) I was just wondering whether or not to put up the silly photos of him brushing his teeth... if by any chance he finds them, he'll know exactly who's responsible and then I'm trouble. lol

I will be re-visiting Siana Springs in October 2010... and look forward to it!

I recommend Siana Springs Intrepid to ALL!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

I went to Siana Springs as a lone female and I just loved it! They made me feel very welcome and comfortable.

The accommodation was great, but I chose to move to a tent with a newer canopy, as the orginal one was the old style with less Mosquito netting, so less light. They moved me the next day and so everything was fine (it would be worth checking that you have a tent with a new style canopy).

The food was fantastic!!!!! Not one bad meal and I stayed well throughout my stay. The staff were very helpful, accommodating and sincere. My driver - David - was wonderful and we got the 'big 5' in only 2.5 days!

The only draw back is that it is about 20 mins out of The Mara Reserve itself and the road is bad! The Mara isn't fenced so the animals can move freely, but I never saw anything of interest until we got in to the actual reserve, so the journey was long especially after being out all day. The only thing that compensates are the Maasai Villages along the way, but the novelty does wear off, I have to be honest. Also, the vehicles are basic Land Rovers, so a very hard ride, not great if you have a back condition for example.

I saw another 2 Lodges when there, and Siana was by far the most authentic, as the others were SO! commercialised and too big. Siana is intimate and made me feel like I was truly on Safari.

• Liked — Actually being in a luxury Tent and hearing the nature around you, not being in a Hotel room.
  • Disliked — Being cold at night as in a Tent. But the lovely hot water bottle each night helped!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Siana Springs? Share your experiences!