“A Memorable "Camping" Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Siana Springs

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Siana Springs
You added Siana Springs to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   C14, Keekorok, Kenya (Talek River, Masai Mara Reserve), Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya   |
Burbank, California
“A Memorable "Camping" Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights during the final portion of my Kenya tour. The roads leading to Siana Springs were seriously bumpy but well worth the trip. I was driven in and out of this area in the rear seat of a minivan and what a ride it was! This lush camp was a welcome sight. My tent (B2) was close to the lodge, very clean and had an actual camping feel to it as all four walls were made from canvas. Staff was friendly and helpful. Armed guards patrolled the grounds inconspicuously and ensured our safety. Meals were excellent and the executive chef showed a lot of creativity. I really enjoyed the gentleman who played the guitar and sang folk tunes around the evening campfire. I found that sitting around the nightly fire with a glass of wine was a pleasant way to unwind before turning in. We also had a great performance one evening by local Maasai men. I managed to get a few mosquito bites during my stay here so remember to liberally apply bug spray! Siana Springs is eco-friendly and therefore electricity is only available during specific times. Siana Springs was a memorable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nadaillac, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

AMAZING!!My stay at Siana was the best.. food was fabulous the staff were so friendly.I loved the adventurers club for the kids..my kids were so happy..the tents were clean and up to standard the swimming pool was good..my family enjoyed the stay....we are really looking forward to come and visit again and have a bush breakfast.Keep It up!!!!

Room Tip: B12 was the best
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Whitehorse,Yukon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We spent 4 nights there on our safari through the Mara. Though the road may have been a bit on the bumpy side..this is Africa ! Our tent was at the end of the line, private and with everything you would need. Having bush bucks, mongoose outside your door was a joy as well. The staff were friendly; their box lunches to die for; and the Masai entertainment at night is an experience one never gets tired of.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We traveled in mid of Feb to Masai Mara and decided to stay here.We traveled by road .The last part of journey while arriving at Masai Mara was quite bumpy and I was telling my friend I doubt if actually there is a place where we can stay.Honestly the landscape was dry.It was around 12 in afternoon,very hot and dusty.I was so tired that I was wondering how can they have a camp here.But I was proved wrong as soon as the vehicle halted we were led towards an entrance which was a cool ,refreshing canopy of creepers ,trees etc.The staff was nice ,gave us a brief about Siana Springs.This was my first stay in the tent.It was comfortable and clean.It actually gave me a feeling of being in tent with all comfort.I was delighted to see a deer right outside my tent grazing away.

We had lunch .Food was ok and only let down there.After lunch we went for game drive and came back in evening.They have a bonfire in evening around dinning area and one fellow sings local songs,But it rained that day and we headed towards our tent.Instead of lights there are lamps in the tent.Best part was an insulated warm water bag tucked away in our blankets which was a real life saver on that cold night.Lights go off at 11 in night .The pitch darkness gives you real feel of camping.In middle of night a monkey or some animal was fidgeting with the our tent.It was different experience staying in tent near masai mara that too on rainy night.

The game reserve is a bit far from Siana Springs.Takes around 30 minutes to reach there.The next day in evening Masai Tribe visited the Siana Springs .They performed few folk songs and dances.After that they sold their indigenous goods to guests.I bought few things .Always bargain before you buy :).Next day morning we headed back to Nairobi.

Room Tip: Choose rooms which are which are not tucked in far end of corner.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Just back from five nights at Siana Springs. I recommend this place for any travel that takes you near the Masai Mara. The highlight was the staff -- very friendly and helpful. The tents are clean and well taken care. It feels like a refuge situated just outside of the Masai Mara park with beautiful cared for grounds full of trees, lawns, and nice albeit small pool. The food generally exceeded my expectations at each meal, including the wonderful lunch boxes they prepared for us when needed. And we very much appreciated the Masai who danced, shared stories, offered excursions and sold their goods. The columbus monkeys, deer and other animals added to the experience. The only negative is the road out to the Mara is in terrible condition.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My Wife and I stayed in Siana for 3 nights 4 days after our week long "Wild Africa Experience" through Serengeti and I really have to recommend this Serene place . The tents are clean and spacious. The restaurant and lounges comfortable with an excellent selection of menu choices that will satisfy any appetite.... complimented by excellent staff to go with the property... I WILL BE DEFINITELY GOING BACK WITH MY FAMILY OVER CHRISTMAS!!!!

Room Tip: request for the Acacia Wing :)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
revdebra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I agree with Chrissy, 201008. This was the last of the camps we stayed in on a ten day Virgin Vacations safari and it was the plainest of the three. It was the most tent like, and the services were minimal. I set up a massage there and when I arrived was told that they had double booked the time and the other person got there first. The food was adequate and healthy enough, but not nearly prepared with the care as the other hotels. The pool actually looked unhealthy. I did love the naturalist who was there and enjoyed his talks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Siana Springs? Share your experiences!