O(for outstanding)lonana Tented Camp, located on the Mara River, is a "small luxurious camp with stunning river views". The river was so high and rushing that it upset the Hippos and babies, who loudly protested! We watched and heard them all night. I think it was my favorite place to stay on the safari. The food and detail of everything was perfect! The staff was wonderful. Our deck had comfy couches to relax, drink our wake-up coffee, read or just relax and watch the hippos!
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel
- Sanctuary Olonana Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Olonana is an award-winning tented camp on a private stretch of the Mara River, at the foot of the impressive Siria Escarpment close to where the famous last scene from "Out of Africa" was filmed. Located close to the border with Tanzania, the game concentration is high - and during the annual wildebeest migration, the action happens right on the camp's doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Sanctuary Olonana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.