Last month we spent a week at Olonana on the Masa Mara in Kenya. The lodge was outstanding, the food excellent, and the equipment in good condition. The most impressive part of the trip, other then the wildlife drives, was the operation led by Mr. King. He and his staff (Mr. Nixon, Phillip, Ambrose, and Kristine) made us feel at home. I could tell by all of the staff that Mr. King motovated them. The were clean, prompt, and pleasant.
Another bonus of the trip was our driver and guide, Joseph. Last year he was selected as the top guide, out of 700 guides in Kenya, in the entire country. He was knowledgeable in all the flora and fauna in the area. He constantly found the big five as well as many species of birds and smaller mammals. Joseph provided bush breakfasts and lunches out with the wildlife.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel
- Sanctuary Olonana Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Olonana is an award-winning tented camp on a private stretch of the Mara River, at the foot of the impressive Siria Escarpment close to where the famous last scene from "Out of Africa" was filmed. Located close to the border with Tanzania, the game concentration is high - and during the annual wildebeest migration, the action happens right on the camp's doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Sanctuary Olonana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.