We decided to stay at Governor's Camp for the second part of our safari honeymoon, and we were both blown away with our 3 days here - we already had high expectations but they were exceeded in every possible way. We had a wonderful welcome from James, Phillip and Katie were very attentive and engaging - superb first impressions.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the honeymoon suite - W.O.W. WIthout question the best place I have ever stayed in my life. I still cant get over the accommodation - it was just perfect. It was clean, spacious and we were looked after so well - coffee at 6am in the morning, rooms cleaned and hot water bottle ready following the evening game drive. Was 5* in every sense of the word
The food and service was EXCEPTIONAL. We were both highly impressed, and certainly didnt go hungry - huge credit to the chefs. We had lunch in the company of warthogs and mongoose, and dinner with hippos. Just incredible.
We are exceptionally lucky when it came to the safari itself - not only did we have a great group who became friends, but in Robert we had the perfect driver. He was friendly, joined in with all of our conversations and was unbelievably knowledgeable. There wasnt a tree bird or animal he didnt know and he made the safari for the 2 of us. He pandered to our every request, and really went that extra mile to try and get us all the sightings we wanted - and we saw EVERYTHING!! Leopards, Rhinos, Cheetahs..you name it - we got it. Robert also had great attention to detail and we spotted over 80 species of bird - its the little details that really made this for us.
We will 100% return, and have already recommended all our family visit Main Governors. We'd love to come back, and would beg for the honeymoon suite again and also Robert as our driver. It was a perfect 3 days - thank you
Special mention to David, the guard on the gate. I've never met a happier person and his salute every morning was a highlight for me, as was his welcome back into the camp.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governor`s Camp Hotel
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.