Having been to another camp in the Masai Mara and not enjoyed it I was a bit wary about the meeting being held here . From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we were welcomed and looked after like royalty- which is not easy when you have about 50 people from all over the world coming in for a weekend.We spotted fantastic wildlife. I have lived in Africa for most of my life and for the first time ever saw two Leopards, one Cheetah , 3 tree very large male Lions and a female Lioness with some beautiful cubs - ALL IN ONE DAY ! Those are just a few of the many animals and birds we spotted over the weekend. The food is always fresh , imaginative and plentiful without leaving you overfull and uncomfortable. Some people found the limited internet connectivity a bit difficult but I didn't miss it ! An added touch was a lovely hot water bottle in the bed every night! Tents like these are not very difficult to stay in.To the staff from the manager to the drivers to the guards who walked us to our rooms at night - Asante sana for a wonderful weekend!
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governor`s Camp Hotel
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.