I'm the type of person who is happiest when doing my own kind of safari. I like to drive myself, cook for myself and make camp where and when I want. I was persuaded to go to Governor's camp because my friend's sister was heavily pregnant and didn't fancy 'roughing it'.
I was impressed from the moment we arrived. Governor's has 3 camps I think, we stayed at the main one and it was wonderful. The staff we professional and friendly and always happy to help. The drivers all worked together but if you asked for your own space to look for your own game they are happy to oblige.
The food was varied and delicious and I would recommend taking your breakfast on safari every single morning. It really increases your chances of seeing much more game.
The whole camp is open but feels very secure. The tents themselves are luxurious and all have lovely views and great big beds.
I will be back ...
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Governor`s Camp Hotel
- Governors Camp
- Governor's Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Governors' Camp nestles on the banks of the Mara River in the heart of the most prolific game viewing area of the Masai Mara. One of only a handful of camps located within the Masai Mara Game Reserve the setting is magical. Half of the tents overlook the rolling grasslands of Africa, with views of elephant, zebra and gazelle; the rest are tucked away in the forest lining the banks of the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Governor's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.