My wife and I stayed for 3 nights. Conway and Clea and the staff of mostly Masai people are outstanding. Our guide Martin was exceptional, not only in finding and identifying all kinds of fauna, but in his interest in African history. The Masai Mara area has an extraordinary number and variety of animals, and it is very beautiful, especially along the Mara River. The visit to a Masai village was fascinating and we strongly recommend it. The setting of our tent #5 was stunning, overlooking the Telek River where we saw elephants, crocs, hippos and various antelope right from our front door. Even crocs killing & eating a baby hippo. The camp food is terrific, with a fine selection of wines. Of the 8 camps we have stayed in, this is one of the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rekero overlooks an ancient animal river crossing point in the Masai Mara. A front row seat to witness the spectacular annual migration awaits you.Rekero has a long and proud history in the Mara that lends to it a depth of character and low-key authenticity that is the hallmark of this luxury tented camp. Rekero is enfolded in wilderness, the camp nestles under huge deciduous trees, hippos grunt in the pools below the mess deck, the fragrance of wild sage floats on the air and guests can often watch the migration crossing the Talek River just 50 meters from the camp lawn. Warm, hospitable and intimate, with a guiding team widely recognised as being the best in Kenya, Rekero offers an unsurpassed Masai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve