We stayed at Rekero for 3 nights and absolutely loved it! The camp is luxurious yet feels natural and blends in beautifully with its surroundings. Its position on the Talek River meant incredible views from our tent and lunch area and evenings spent listening for hippos and other animals. The staff were very welcoming and made us feel at home, from Clea, Conway, and Mariana's hosting to the night watchmen's morning reports on what animals had been in camp overnight. And the game viewing was spectacular! Our guide, Sammy, was fantastic-- patient, knowledgeable, and fun to be with. He helped us spot the Big 5 plus many more in our first 24 hours at the camp. Highlights included a cheetah killing a thompson's gazelle, baby elephants, watching a large pool of hippos while having sundowners, and seeing the beginning of the Great Migration on the Tanzanian border. We can't say enough good things about Rekero and would return in a heartbeat.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rekero overlooks an ancient animal river crossing point in the Masai Mara. A front row seat to witness the spectacular annual migration awaits you.Rekero has a long and proud history in the Mara that lends to it a depth of character and low-key authenticity that is the hallmark of this luxury tented camp. Rekero is enfolded in wilderness, the camp nestles under huge deciduous trees, hippos grunt in the pools below the mess deck, the fragrance of wild sage floats on the air and guests can often watch the migration crossing the Talek River just 50 meters from the camp lawn. Warm, hospitable and intimate, with a guiding team widely recognised as being the best in Kenya, Rekero offers an unsurpassed Masai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.