It has been said many times that Africa will steal your heart. It sounds like a common place but it is just a simple fact. Rekero camp is a hidden treasure on Earth, a place one must try, a bucket list item for sure. I visited with my 3 children ages 3,10 and 12. It is perfectly safe and better yet the experience equals to an entire year in school! We had been received with kindness and attention, our needs catered for to the utmost extent. The tents are a dream to stay in, and the night time experience to listening to nature all around us paralleled by nothing. Our guides Martin and Risa were the best in the Universe. We were sad and in tears when we had to leave, and started planning our return within minutes... The Excellent five start rating does not really do justice to how great this place really is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rekero overlooks an ancient animal river crossing point in the Masai Mara. A front row seat to witness the spectacular annual migration awaits you.Rekero has a long and proud history in the Mara that lends to it a depth of character and low-key authenticity that is the hallmark of this luxury tented camp. Rekero is enfolded in wilderness, the camp nestles under huge deciduous trees, hippos grunt in the pools below the mess deck, the fragrance of wild sage floats on the air and guests can often watch the migration crossing the Talek River just 50 meters from the camp lawn. Warm, hospitable and intimate, with a guiding team widely recognised as being the best in Kenya, Rekero offers an unsurpassed Masai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve