from the moment we were met at the airstrip, we were pampered and cared for. My companion and i had just spent eight days climbing Kilimanjaro, and now we needed a combination of rest, relaxation, and mild stimulation.
We each had a riverfront "tent", with a hard wood floor, great rain shower, modern toilet, and a superbly comfortable bed. The facilities were lovely, and the hippos in the river grunted their apparent approval of our arrival.
The resort includes all meals, and safaris every morning and afternoon. We were wakened by a room attendant delivering coffee or tea, and had an early mornign safari each day prior to breakfast. The guides were fabulous, Anthony being really knowledgable and willing to share his knowledge.
After an early morning safari we enjoyed a great breakfast, following which a nap seemed in order until lunchtime, althouh some people relaxed around the pool.
3.30 each afternoon a second safari was provided. We saw numerous animals including all of the big five, and learnt lots about the local environment.
Evening meals were tremendous. Great selections, simply served. The bar service was fabulous, the staff tremendous, the whole experience first class.
Yes, there are no tent locks. But the whole palce is secured by an electric fence, and I slept like a baby. A wonderful experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Mara Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Fairmont Mara Safari Hotel
- Mara Safari Club
- Fairmont Masai Mara National Reserve
- Masai Mara National Reserve Fairmont
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve