My daughter and I recently made our dream of going on an African safari come true! From Nairobi(where we stayed at the Fairmont Norfolk), we flew on a small 12-seater Kenya Airways plane into an airstrip where we were met by Fairmont staff and welcomed with refreshing hot towel and fruit cocktail. From that moment on, our dream became a series of amazing and incredible individual experiences that can only be summed up as totally fantastic and unforgettable. I have read the other 'excellent' reviews here and I could not agree more with what had been written about the lodge, the beautiful, natural environment, the luxury tents, and the game drives. The hippos (and crocodiles) in the Masa River encircling the property and the wild and strange birds provided endless entertainment for us as they punctured the otherwise quiet atmosphere with their wild sounds. They made so much 'noise' at night but we enjoyed the 'concert' that we know we can only listen to in this part of the world. We spent a total of 8 days in this property and there was not a day when we were not afforded the most incredible sightings of wild animals and birds and the friendliest, most relaxing and pampering service from all the staff. We went on game drives everyday, including a thrilling hot air balloon ride with champagne breakfast on the savannah(watched the sunrise from it) and a night safari drive. We saw the Big 5, and dozens of other animals and birds. We saw a leopard on a tree, 4 packs of lions, 3 cheetahs, herds of elephants and giraffes, the protected rhinos, buffalos - and the heart stoping savannah sunset. Every single experience on this epic journey was made possible by the staff at this property. Without exception, the staff we encountered during our stay provided over the top hospitality and personalized service: to name a few: the knowledgable and affable Moses who was our game driver/guide - a walking encyclopedia on the wild animal kingdom; Walter A. who took care of all our food and beverage requirements, Samuel N. who made sure we had hot water bottles under our blankets each night, fruits and unlimited supply of bottled water. The food was great & different each night; the Executive Chef did his rounds of tables and made sure we ate well. I could write a longer story but reiterate that the excellent reviews here are for real.
This experience is the 'stuff that dreams are made of' - a bold 5* check on my bucket list.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club Hotel
- Fairmont Mara Safari Hotel
- Mara Safari Club
- Fairmont Masai Mara National Reserve
- Masai Mara National Reserve Fairmont
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairmont Mara Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.