Well, what can I say - this place is absolutely magical. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt like royalty! The place itself is lovely, very tastefully and discreetly put together - you can't see any of the luxury tents until you're right next to them. There are beautiful gardens and a lovely pool with sunbathing area which is idylic. The people are great, friendly, kind, fun, discreet, and they can't do enough for you. In particular, Edward by the pool is a great guy.
The tents are great - well, they're not really tents at all and all have luxury permanent bathrooms with lovely hot showers which are really appreciated after the morning and evening game drives which can get very cold indeed. The beds are comfortable and you have everything you need.
The food was really good - the best we had in Kenya pretty much and again the staff are really friendly and attentive. On our last day after our morning game drive they completely surprised my wife and I by preparing a champagne breakfast in the gardens under the cover of African trees - it was truly a magical moment and my wife couldn't stop crying tears of happiness!!!
There are also complimentary teas and coffees throughout the day.
The bar area is really nice with a completely open fire place - this is the place to hang out after your evening game drive as you will be chilly! They also have music there some times which is nice. There was just a guy with a guitar there one night playing a mix of Bob Marley/African stuff/Cat Stevens - he had an amazing voice.
There is also a tribe of Masai people who work at the Camp. As far as I know this is unique in the Mara and they make a lot of effort to try to teach the guests about the Masai ways. They are really nice guys, Tira in particular (who is part of the management team) is a great, fun guy. Don't miss their Masai dance where they sing and jump - it's amazing.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve