I read most of the Sarova before I booked. Nothing could have prepared me. What a fantastic place with great people. Arriving at the airport we were met by Anthony, our guide for the 3 days, cold juice and snack at hand. Anthony asked us if we would mind quickly going to see a leopard his friend had told him about. Within 20min of arrival we had seen a leopard and a huge herd of Wildebeest, and I knew this was going to be a trip to remember. I could write a whole review singing Anthony's praises and that we saw not only the big 5 and cheetah but also a wildebeest crossing, but this review is supposed to be about the lodge.
What a great place. The reception team were so friendly and welcoming on arrival you feel at home instantly. Caroline and Grace, thank you. I stayed in a club tent (64) it was a couple of minutes away from the dining area, but the beautiful walk gave me some much needed exercise (with the game drives etc no time to think of real exercise), and it was close to the viewing deck. The tent is clean, spacious and just beautiful. With it being way from everything it is so peaceful and at night all you hear is silence and the occasional animal outside, knowing you are safe because there is a fence surrounding the lodge and guards walking around.
The dining room serves a great variety of food, both vegetarian and meat dishes, pastas, salads and the soup is a must. Lelei the chef is very helpful. On the last morning we were surprised by a wonderful breakfast at salt lick.
Although this is a large lodge and was quite full, i never felt that it was a large crowded hotel, in fact you hardly see other people as most are out on game drives, or relaxing.
If you are looking for a high energy adventure holiday, this is not the place to go, but if you are looking to see wildlife, spend time in nature and unwind, Sarova is the place to visit. If you are lucky, you will get Anthony to show you the Mara.
Thanks to everyone at Sarova for a very special time!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve