This was a return trip to the Sarova Mara Game Camp and the property continues to impress. The camp is located right in the Massai Mara. It is a tented camp, but don't let that concern you. The tents are well constructed and VERY comfortable. They are built over cement foundations and come well appointed with very comfortable furnishings and extremely comfortable bedding. The bathrooms are phenomenal! There are times when you will forget that you are in the middle of one of the most famous game reserves in the world! We felt spoiled and secure throughout our stay. They thought of everything to insure a wonderful stay....from bottles of water in the tent to a hot water bottle between the sheets when you retire in the evening.
The meals are served buffet style. There was always plenty of variety at each food service. We always found items that were tasty and enjoyable. We were especially pleased to see that they tried to incorporate several local dishes into the menu cycle. The breads are made fresh and some of the local breads are made in the ovens right in front of you!
The charm of this property, however, is the staff. From the moment you arrive at the main gate, you will be impressed with the level of attention and the professionalism of the people taking care of you. Throughout the property and throughout the day, we were always greeted warmly by the people that we met. The manager, Anthony, greeted us in the morning to see how our stay was going. The guards at night would walk us to our tent and make sure that all was well. You saw the same wait staff at all the meal services and they would be eager to ask you about your day. A particular shout out to Daniel and Mathew who made our stay an enjoyable one!
The one down side that we experienced was the weak WiFi service we had in the out lying tents. We were farther from the main lodge and our service was sporadic. Having more consistent service would have been beneficial since we were communicating with the folks at home via VIBER and the internet. But, again, we were in the middle of the Massai Mara, so the fact that we had a connection at all was a bonus!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Sarova Mara Game Camp. I would stay there again on my next journey to Kenya and would recommend it to others who have a desire to experience a game safari in comfort and style. Asante Sana to the people of Sarova Mara Game Park for a wonderful experience and a wonderful holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve