We spent three glorious nights at the Sarova Mara Game Camp on a safari last week. It was the third Sarova property we'd stayed at on the trip and it was certainly the best. The chain provides a superb service for those on safari - lots of good food served in copious quantities at the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets - many of the main protein dishes are prepared for you 'to order' as you wait. The variety and quality is great. The staff was courteous, solicitous, professional and friendly. When I needed to visit the medical clinic for a minor ailment, the camp Dr. (Marcus) was wonderfully friendly and concerned - and I left with the necessary medications - free of charge!!! The luxury tents are fun also - they allow you to hear the wildlife that wanders near the camp, but to enjoy privacy also. And, of course, the location is unsurpassed - you're right in the middle of amazing wildlife and the majestic meadows with views to every horizon are to die for. In short, I'd build any Kenyan safari around this wonderful property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nothing quite captures the true spirit of East Africa, like a safari in Kenya’s richest game reserve, the Maasai Mara. Sarova Mara Game Camp offers front seats to nature’s most breathtaking show - the wildebeest migration. The endless plains of East Africa are the setting for the world’s greatest wildlife spectacle where, from the vast Serengeti plains to the champagne colored hills of Kenya’s Maasai Mara, over 1.4 million wildebeest and 200,000 zebra and gazelle, relentlessly tracked by Africa’s great predators, migrate in a clockwise fashion over 1,800 miles each year in search of rain ripened grass. Sarova Mara Game Camp is well positioned to enjoy this unique phenomenon. The rolling plains around the Camp are teeming with wildebeest, gazelles and zebras, during the migration months and the Camp is situated right in the center of their migration path. Sarova Mara Game Camp is also the ideal choice for those seeking a richer experience of Maasai Mara that goes much beyond just game drives. By virtue of its location and layout, the Camp offers an unparalleled plethora of activities and experiences from luxury tented living to bird-watching, mini golf, sport fishing and a unique insight into the Maasai culture at the adjoining Maasai village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve