Never sleeping in a tent before I was skeptical in what to expect. This tent was something I never would have expected. Large, teak flooring in the sleeping area, a large tiled permanent modern bathroom with all amenities excluding a hair dryer, large shower stall. The beds were comfy and we never had any problems with mosquitoes and insects. All precautions were taken by the staff. A dressing area with desk, a lot of zipper windows and a teak platformed siting area in the front of tent with teak patio chairs and table to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds of the wildlife. The lodge itself was all open air except the dining area and bar. The food was excellent and many different dishes to try. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly. The bar area was the evening meeting area to share photos and stories of the day. There is wifi but you have to pay for it considering the location of the Lodge. This is a secure location.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nothing quite captures the true spirit of East Africa, like a safari in Kenya’s richest game reserve, the Maasai Mara. Sarova Mara Game Camp offers front seats to nature’s most breathtaking show - the wildebeest migration. The endless plains of East Africa are the setting for the world’s greatest wildlife spectacle where, from the vast Serengeti plains to the champagne colored hills of Kenya’s Maasai Mara, over 1.4 million wildebeest and 200,000 zebra and gazelle, relentlessly tracked by Africa’s great predators, migrate in a clockwise fashion over 1,800 miles each year in search of rain ripened grass. Sarova Mara Game Camp is well positioned to enjoy this unique phenomenon. The rolling plains around the Camp are teeming with wildebeest, gazelles and zebras, during the migration months and the Camp is situated right in the center of their migration path. Sarova Mara Game Camp is also the ideal choice for those seeking a richer experience of Maasai Mara that goes much beyond just game drives. By virtue of its location and layout, the Camp offers an unparalleled plethora of activities and experiences from luxury tented living to bird-watching, mini golf, sport fishing and a unique insight into the Maasai culture at the adjoining Maasai village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and EasyToBook so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.